How Many Surfskate Trucks and Surfskate Companies are There?
The first surfskate truck, the Carver C7, was invented in 1996. Now there are at least 18 original surfskate trucks and 52 companies selling some version of a surfskate.
Since October of 2020 I’ve been obsessively researching and buying surfskates. To date, I’ve tested more than 60 surfskates from 28 companies in 11 countries from all over the world. This includes 30 different surfskate trucks.
You can see my list of what I think are the best surfskates here.
For those curious, in this article I simply want to list all the surfskate trucks and surfskate companies I’ve been able to find so far. I count 18 original surfskate truck designs, 6 “questionable” surfskate trucks, and 52 companies selling some version of what they call a surfskate.
If you know of any others that aren’t on this list, please comment below and I’ll add it to the list.
To save time, money, and hassle in choosing the best surfskate for you, get my free Surfskate Selector app now.
Original Surfskate Truck Designs
Some surfskate trucks are original designs, while others are clones of the originals.
Here are all the original surfskate trucks I’ve been able to find (in alphabetical order):
“Questionable” Surfskate Trucks
The truck designs below provide some form of pumping and carving, and could loosely be categorized as surfskate trucks. However, it seems to me that these should be in a category all their own, because all of them perform so much differently than the surfskate trucks listed above.
(This is the best picture I can find of these. Let me know if you find a better one. I also think they’re out of business.)
(Hamboards HST 200 Trucks are a Copy of This)
(Listed in alphabetical order.)
Surfskate Companies with Original Surfskate Truck Designs
3. Carver (C5, C7, CX)
5. Maui & Sons
6. OVNI (Orion, Sirius, Andromeda)
Surfskate Companies with Surfskate Truck Clones (or Collaborations)
16. 66 (Carver CX Clone)
17. Aztron (Carver CX Clone)
18. Balloon (Carver CX Clone)
19. Banga (Carver CX & Smoothstar Thruster Clones)
20. Bio Boards (Carver CX & Smoothstar Thruster Clones)
21. Charger-X (Carver CX Clone)
22. Cutback Surfskates (Carver CX Clone)
23. Decathlon (Carver CX Clone)
24. Fish Skateboards (Carver CX Clone)
25. Flow (Slide V1 Surfskate Truck)
26. Geele (Carver CX and C7 Clones)
27. Globe (Revenge Alpha Trucks)
28. Good Times (Carver CX Clone)
29. Hamboards (Copy of Original S6 Trucks)
30. Hydroponic (Carver CX Clone)
31. Kingdom Boards (Carver CX Clone)
32. Kite Spirit (Slide V1, same as on Flow)
33. Landyachtz (“Bear Banger” Carver CX Clone)
34. Long Island (Carver CX Clone)
35. Miller Division (Carver CX Clone)
36. Mindless (Carver CX Clone)
37. NitroSk8 (Carver CX Clone)
38. NKX (Carver CX Clone)
39. Obfive (Carver CX Clone)
40. Outride (Carver CX Clone)
41. Penny Boards (Waterborne Surf Adapter)
42. Rare Ant (Carver CX Clone)
43. Roots (Carver CX and Smoothstar Thruster Clones)
44. South Bay Board Company (Carver CX Clone)
45. Station Skate (Carver CX Clone)
46. Steet Surfing (Shark Attack)
47. Sunova (Carver CX Clone)
48. Surfpuro (Carver CX Clone)
49. TailorShape (Carver CX Clone)
50. Tempish Surfy (Slide V1, same used on Flow Surfskates)
51. Two Bare Feet (Carver CX and Smoothstar Thruster Clones)
52. Z-Flex (Waterborne Surf Adapter)